• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clowns are back :yay:

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clowns are back :yay:

Red wine is not good for you after all, says chief medical officer | Health News | Lifestyle | The Independent

Silly woman

Clowns are back
    Click bait.

I thought this was a post about MF - timewaster
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Oxygen is not good for you as it slowly oxidises the body and you die....

Comment

The DimPrawn diet

I have a simpler system. Divide all the food and drinks into two types. The ones you like and the ones you don't. Avoid the ones you don't like and enjoy the ones you do.

Bingo, your stress levels drop and you live a longer and happier life.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Click bait.

I thought this was a post about MF - timewaster
          I was hoping someone was going to mention Charlie Cairoli

Comment

"…the long-held belief…" should be read as "…the grotesque misinterpretation of scientific studies by arts graduates who may understand Beowulf in the original language but don't even know the difference between a hypothesis and a theory, and only went into journalism because they didn't fancy teaching…".

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              "…the long-held belief…" should be read as "…the grotesque misinterpretation of scientific studies by arts graduates who may understand Beowulf in the original language but don't even know the difference between a hypothesis and a theory, and only went into journalism because they didn't fancy teaching…".
              You can tell all that just from a photograph?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                You can tell all that just from a photograph?
                You can tell all that just by reading any news story that claims to be reporting the findings of a scientific study, and then looking at the actual study.

Comment

It would be interesting to know what the basis for this new advice is, given that the previous advice had no scientific grounding whatsoever - it was literally just a load of conjectures made by one person many years ago, and presented as medical advice.

Comment

Quiet news day. No horror stories to report so they dig up something almost horrific.

Last night was a slow one for BBC London - their main bulletin included a piece about a lady who had bought an old suitcase that belonged to a vicar, who wanted to know more about the vicar's involvement in D-day.

I've read that red wine is good for you, that it's bad for you and that you need to drink less so I've decided to give up.

Let's see how long I can last without reading.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X