• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swiss role and agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swiss role and agency

Hi need a bit of advice
    My brother accepted a role in Switzerland and all background screening work permit etc is complete he is joining in two wks time
    He have resign from his current role but the company comeback and offered a very good package

if he say no to Swiss company they can charge him for wasting their time ?
    as they have arrange interviews and work permit and accommodation
    Everything's is ready for him to join

The role in Swiss is with a bank and is via an agency who will be the employer

Thanks

Is his English as good as yours?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by venaticorielrose View Post
      if he say no to Swiss company they can charge him for wasting their time ?
      I think they will track him down, empty his pockets and bump him off.

HTH.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I do like a swiss roll.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sounds like your brother needs a substitute for his swiss roll. I'd go with a nice battenburg. It'll appeal to the same demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            I think they will track him down, empty his pockets and bump him off.

HTH.

Swiss banks are very good at losing/hiding/burying stuff.
            Got some art stolen by the Nazis? Swiss bank.
            Want to hide something? Swiss bank.

To the OP, it's up to you your brother, but if you're he's a contractor and wants to contract in the future, playing games with clients is not a great idea, particularly after they have invested time and money in getting you him in place.

He needs to check his contract as to what it says, also if they paid for any of his travel/expenses for him to just completely waste their time, he might want to consider what to do there.

...or as many may tell you on here, it's the Swiss bank's tough luck.

I guess it depends on your his ethics.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Sounds like your brother needs a substitute for his swiss roll. I'd go with a nice battenburg. It'll appeal to the same demographic.

Or:

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Thanks you are spot on his English is worse than mine
                Sorry I am trying to type this on a phone and auto correct feature along with my poor linguistics skills are to blame

Comment

He should not accept a counter offer. Most who do end up leaving anyway and to increase pay or give promotion just because someone is leaving is not a good basis of employment. The employer will resent the blackmail and the employee will often find continuing not up to expectations.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    He should not accept a counter offer. Most who do end up leaving anyway and to increase pay or give promotion just because someone is leaving is not a good basis of employment. The employer will resent the blackmail and the employee will often find continuing not up to expectations.
                    Indeed in these circumstances I tend to say if you think I was worth that you should have been paying me it.

I sit through the annual review process, get told how good I am and despite being the go to guy when no one else can do it then got told I should do XYZ to improve. Then I get the annual excuse for not giving me a raise.

If that happens its time to get out! Don't look back
                    Last edited by vetran; 8 January 2016, 12:29.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X