• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cry me a River

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cry me a River

BNP struck off register of UK political parties | Politics | The Guardian

The British National party has been struck off the UK’s register of political parties, the Electoral Commission has confirmed.

The commission said the BNP, which won two seats in the European parliament in 2009, had failed to meet the annual requirement to submit its registration details on time.

All UK political parties are required every year to confirm with the commission that their details are accurate and pay a pre-registration fee of £25, which the BNP failed to do.

The Electoral Commission said: “The last date a notification can be submitted to the commission is six months after the deadline for submission of a party’s statement of accounts.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Probably had trouble raising £25 after their supporters spent all their money on neck tattoos.

Comment

The guardian? Are you trying to get around the daily-mail-merge policy?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

New rules meant it was impossible for the BNP to submit the application. Discrimination by the state!

All new applications have to be submitted using joined up writing.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          The guardian? Are you trying to get around the daily-mail-merge policy?
          no I'm just going to get you fed up of the Guardian!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X