• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skills shortages in 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skills shortages in 2016

There is a lot of talk about skills shortages in IT yet employers stubbornly refuse to deal with agency/new agency suppliers? is there really such a shortage of skills?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    There is a lot of talk about skills shortages in IT yet employers stubbornly refuse to deal with dodgy agents?
    FTFY

Comment

There is a lot of talk about skills shortages in IT yet employers stubbornly refuse to deal with agency/new agency suppliers? is there really such a shortage of skills?
      How would that alleviate the skills shortage unless you envisage the new pimps on the block knocking out some HTML/JavaScript off their own back while looking for those elusive people who can...

Comment

Yes key skills we are short of!

1. working for peanuts
        2. being unable to solve their extremely poorly documented problems without budget.
        3. Wishing to gloss over poor management decisions, keep the lights on and manage to spend less every year.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Yes key skills we are short of!

1. working for peanuts
          2. being unable to solve their extremely poorly documented problems without budget.
          3. Wishing to gloss over poor management decisions, keep the lights on and manage to spend less every year.
          4. Must have experience of managing offshore teams.

That particular one guarantees the job spec. hits the delete bin for me.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

^This.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

What do you have against Turks, the Vietnamese and South Africans?

I ask where the team is before deciding whether to decline though some tell you for that reason.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

just making sure that CUK is working in normally. i.e serious threads are dealt with by sarcasm, cynicism and insults to recruitment agents
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

From a telco perspective.

Depends what skills. IaaS & PaaS are causing me grief, NFV & SDN developers I am having to spend 4 figures per day.

All the regular ops & DC stuff is saturated with NSN & Ericsonn lay-offs. Market swamped with them.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    What do you have against Turks, the Vietnamese and South Africans?
                    Absolutely nothing - hence why I never even mentioned them...

What do you have against the 7 billion people from other Nations?
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                    X