• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jersey - Anything interesting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jersey - Anything interesting?

Thanks to those dozens of trips to Italy on Flybe since October '15, I've accumulated loads of points and have got an offer to spend a week in Jersy for spare change

Now then, is there anything interesting on that island? Any good "establishments" for fun?

What does the panel think? What do Marky, Vetran, BP and the likes think?

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Now then, is there anything interesting on that island?
    Visit the Royal Family: About Jersey Royals
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Gerald Durrell's zoo is worth a visit. Can't remember what else I did there as I was so trashed most of the time owing to the owner of the hotel I was staying in being an out and out alchy.

Sadly it looks like that particular establishment no longer exists but it doesn't exactly come as a huge surprise...

Comment

Yes! Fly from there to any of BAs desinations without having to pay the BAA & UK Government departure "supertax".

Return to NYC @ £220 at mo.

Other than that it is lovely in the summer, but can be quite miserable to the end of spring.

Comment

As a contractor I love it because it's an internal flight so no hanging around at the airport and a flight time of 1:15, just need driving license for adults, nothing for kids, ideal for a weekend break without losing your day rate. Think of it as a cross between Devon and south of France. Stay in St. Helier and use the bus service, car hire is a nuisance. Great beaches, zoo, underground hospital, couple of coastal castles, good food. Plenty for a week in the summer. Probably dead this time of year.
          Last edited by BigRed; 8 January 2016, 22:41.

Comment

Check out the German Underground Wartime Hospital for sh*ts and giggles!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              Yes! Fly from there to any of BAs desinations without having to pay the BAA & UK Government departure "supertax".

Return to NYC @ £220 at mo.
              I only fly A380 first class on long flights

Does Jersey have a runway long enough to land and take off one of those?

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

sorry not been there but heard great things,
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Haven't been, but my Dad li9kes it over there.
                    Good restaurants, a high standard of accommodation, nice beaches etc.

You could do a lot worse.

Unsure about the "interesting places" you allude to, the old man would probably have a coronary if he went along to those .
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X