• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mame Games

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mame Games

Anyone remember Mr Do?

Those were the days - Games were designed to be played, not about fancy graphics.
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Originally posted by wc2
    Anyone remember Mr Do?

Those were the days - Games were designed to be played, not about fancy graphics.
    I while ago I downloaded an emulator that could play MAME games. It's really good stuff, with hundreds of old game available for it.

Comment

Mame Games

One of the best emulators around that I tried was called SPARCADE.

It didn't emulate that many but what it did was brilliant.

MAME is good but, in my opinion, got far to obsessed with trying to emulate as many games as possible. I have an ancient version on DVD somewhere with about 200 games. I often dip in and out and play it.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Emulators can be a nice reminder of how innocent and downright playable games were in years gone by. I had a ZX Spectrum emulator on my old PC. Class it was. Jet Set Willy and Daley Thompson's Decathlon were two of my favourites.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
        X