• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Told off on my first day...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Told off on my first day...

New client is obsessed with the safety elves – When walking upstairs I was pulled over about the importance of holding onto the germ infested handrail.

Not allowed to park on site as a contractor, which is a real pain as the only option is the local Virgin station – at £9 a day, assuming I can get a space as the carpark fills up very early in the day.

Oh, and a nice 9am scrum I cannot be late for, with no other means of parking locally I may just need to take the train daily, as I am darned if I am paying £45 a week just to park on top of the hotel costs - would get me home every day at least.

Lifes challenges....

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    New client is obsessed with the safety elves – When walking upstairs I was pulled over about the importance of holding onto the germ infested handrail.
    Where were your hands, deep in your pockets, playing "pocket billiards"?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

A fellow contractor where I work only just twisted his foot on the stairs an hour or two ago, so it is for your own safety. Oh and make sure you look both ways when crossing the street on the way to/from your current client.

Oh, and don't forget to chew properly and swallow. This information is probably on their Intranet if you need further clarification.

Alternatively, you could just tell them to F off.

Comment

Ahh..I've had this happen couple of times at different clientco's. Being told off by security staff when walking up & down the stairs to hold the handrail !!

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
          Being told off by security staff for struggling, when they are trying to forcibly exit me, for good, from the building !!
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Not allowed to park on site as a contractor, which is a real pain as the only option is the local Virgin station – at £9 a day, assuming I can get a space as the carpark fills up very early in the day.

Oh, and a nice 9am scrum I cannot be late for, with no other means of parking locally I may just need to take the train daily, as I am darned if I am paying £45 a week just to park on top of the hotel costs - would get me home every day at least.

Lifes challenges....
            mumsnet.com HTHBIDI
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Look on the bright side - it's not like your client found your posting history and fired you.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Look on the bright side - it's not like your client found your posting history and fired you.
                But am sure we'll be opening betting on when it will happen fairly soon.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  FTFY

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
                  Ahh..I've had this happen couple of times at different clientco's. Being told off by security staff when walking up & down the stairs to hold the handrail !!
                  lol

Comment

New client is obsessed with the safety elves – When walking upstairs I was pulled over about the importance of holding onto the germ infested handrail. ...
                    If they but knew your neighbours are mafia hoodlums, they'd realise that risking tumbling down the stairs is the least of your problems
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X