• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else enjoy retrogaming?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else enjoy retrogaming?

Not played for a while but looking at building a MAME cabinet in the summer.

Enjoyed PinMAME too, very realistic pinball.

Oh and of course MFME, the fruit machine emulator.

Also, worldofspectrum.org will cause hours of your life to disappear.... 6031769 anybody?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

I built myself a Picade over Christmas - https://shop.pimoroni.com/collection...roducts/picade

Plugged in a Raspberry Pi 2 and it runs all sorts of ROMs.

I plugged in an XBox wired USB controller as well for those games that require additional buttons / player 2 - spent a while on Mario Kart with my wife the other day, as well as playing Gaultlet on MAME. It's a hell of a lot cheaper just pressing a button than having to put real money in
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I built myself a Picade over Christmas - https://shop.pimoroni.com/collection...roducts/picade

Very cool.

Used to love the Neo Geo games, some of the Japanese releases were insane.

Also, loved 1941:-

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Very cool.

Used to love the Neo Geo games, some of the Japanese releases were insane.

Also, loved 1941:-

And 1942 and 1943...
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

And 1942 and 1943...
          Correct, might have to dust mine down.
          Fiendishly difficult as you go further through the game.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I plugged in an XBox wired USB controller as well for those games that require additional buttons / player 2 - spent a while on Mario Kart with my wife the other day, as well as playing Gaultlet on MAME. It's a hell of a lot cheaper just pressing a button than having to put real money in
            Too true. Finally completed a couple of arcade games last year that I'd spent what seemed like a lot of money (about £2 probably at 10p per credit!) to complete.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I've been trying to get 'Tanks of Terror' running on Sheepshaver but OpenGL won't work!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Too true. Finally completed a couple of arcade games last year that I'd spent what seemed like a lot of money (about £2 probably at 10p per credit!) to complete.
                I found out that Gauntlet pretty much has no end.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I found out that Gauntlet pretty much has no end.
                  Probably. Ran out of tape on the Speccy version (gotta love the Symbol Shift cheat )

Comment

Last time I fired up the PS3, it took half an hour to update, then GT5 took half an hour to update, and I discovered all the network online stuff was discontinued. That for me is retro gaming!
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X