• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That NLUK psychocandy ladybags in full

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That NLUK psychocandy ladybags in full

Mod note: extracted from http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ce-period.html

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    BP has a point. Tell client 1 ok 4 weeks then. Work two weeks, phone in sick, go and work for client 2.

OK, Im joking. This is not clever but I bet its been done. Would avoid a bit of hassle ;-)
    Moron.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Moron.
    So BP and SimonMac both say the same thing. I repeat it and say its a joke yet you feel the need to abuse ME about it.

Although to be fair, it does entertain me a bit when you feel the need to be abusive.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

So BP and SimonMac both say the same thing. I repeat it and say its a joke yet you feel the need to abuse ME about it.

Although to be fair, it does entertain me a bit when you feel the need to be abusive.
      Because you are a disgrace to contracting. They aren't.

Comment

Moron.
        I am a disgrace to contracting. Have a go at me.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Not smart if you have to take the agency to court for your money.
        People can and do settle right up to just before the judge rules. So you will need to provide evidence of the subcontractor's sickness.
        This can be arranged. Up to 5 business days you do not need a sick note. Unless you are up to 10 days over the year(that bit is a grey area - I will expand if relevant). Of course those only apply to permies.

Go to the doctor and tell them you are stressed. For a tenner you can get a sick note.

I don't approve of throwing sickies. But the way clients treat us justifies it. In my opinion. I am aware NLUK and others disagree. And I actually support their arguments! Its just that, in my opinion, other factors outweigh their arguments.

Comment

Just because someone disagrees with your point of view is not a reason to get abusive.

Yes, some of my views on this forum are not shared by all but so what? I might express views on this forum or I might joke around but it does not mean I act like an idiot on client site.

I've been in this business over 25 years, a lot of that as a contractor, and done very well for myself. If you choose to think otherwise, then I don't really care to be honest.

We're at different ends of the country, so we're unlikely to ever meet. Even if we did work at same client, you wouldn't know for sure who I was. (Now that'd be scary if you ever worked with a welshman - you'd be wondering if it was me!) So why should I care?

I'll be honest, I think you're REAL personality, as opposed to the nasty one you portray on here, is different too. Otherwise, I can't see how being so generally unfriendly would ever work on a client site.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I am a disgrace to contracting. Have a go at me.

BP I think you've finally made it. You've been accepted into the contractoruk clique.

Comment

That is saying you are the prettiest person in the freak show

Thanks, I think?!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                That is saying you are the prettiest person in the freak show

Thanks, I think?!
                I've met you Smc. Pretty wouldn't be a word I'd ever choose

Comment

Contender for 2016 Thread Of The Year already

Nice one NAT
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X