• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No water at client's site?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No water at client's site?

Hello - first time contractor, first time poster.

The water has gone at my client's site (burst pipe) - do I have any HSE rights?

There are currently, no toilets, running water, coffee (the machines are plumbed in...)...

I've no idea. Though was there anything in particular you were hoping for? Day off?

Comment

Originally posted by stuballs View Post
      There are currently, no toilets, running water, coffee (the machines are plumbed in...)...
      Get a lawyer involved and sue.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by stuballs View Post
        Hello - first time contractor, first time poster.

The water has gone at my client's site (burst pipe) - do I have any HSE rights?

Just WFH or write the day off. You are a representative of another business on the clients site, not an employee.

Comment

Quickly stock up on all essentials and head to a bunker
          Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Turn up and bill until they send you home
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Turn up, bill and tulip, in the car park, until they send you home
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Turn up and bill until they send you home
                This.

Definitely.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You have grounds to say "sod this I'm leaving" if they don't provide toilets but that's about it surely?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Rights? Eh? You're a contractor. You have the right to turn up and get paid. You also have the right to not turn up and not get paid.

Comment

Working...
                    X