• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it worth extending public liability and profl indemnity insurances while on bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it worth extending public liability and profl indemnity insurances while on bench?

Is there any reason to keep them continuous?

Originally posted by Relaxed View Post
    I believe you should keep it up, as you could, potentially, have a claim from work performed before.
    Especially the PI, less sure about the public liability.
    Small chance, but possible.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's possible clients could find problems with what you've done after you've left so could be a real problem.

Also there is likely to be a charge for cancelling earlier than the full-term so could put you out of pocket if you get a quick gig.

Is the cost really worth it???

IMO a good contractor shouldn't be planning what to do if they should be on the bench, particularly to a few 10s of pounds like this. The should be concentrating on getting a good warchest in the company bank account and planning how NOT to get stuck on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Relaxed View Post
        Do you expect to work again this year? If so then why would you not
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
        X