• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents attitude takes the biscuit :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents attitude takes the biscuit :-(

Get loads of emails from agents. Some I respond, some I don't.
    If its wildly out of my skillset, geographical area I don't bother.

Sometimes I will respond if its in my area, or I know the agent, or think they might have stuff in the future. It might be sorry not available at the moment, or sorry doesnt meet my rate. Just to be polite.

So I get this. First thought was you cheeky twat. I politely decline and you accuse me of being a moneygrabber who the client wouldnt be interested in anyway. Crack on then fella and good luck getting someone to do the gig for the love of it.

Hi Psycho,

If rate is the most important factor for you then I doubt this would be the right role anyway. My client look for candidates to look beyond just what they take home.

All the best,

Kind Regards

Agent

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah yes. Probably £75-£100 a day less than normal for me I'm afraid.

rgds

psycho

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe the rate is lower than what you are looking for if my memory serves me correctly. £x-£y per day.

rgds

agent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi agent,
    Whats the rate?

rgds
    Psycho.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    System Admin Required

Hello
    Apologies if this email is not relevant to you and if not please could you ignore it.

I found your details on our database and I was hoping you may be interested in a role that I am recruiting for in Wales.

Could you please let me know if the below position would be of interest to you or anyone in your networks?

If this role sounds like a suitable fit for you please send me over your up to date CV ASAP as interview slots are available.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

agent
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I politely decline and you accuse me of being a moneygrabber who the client wouldnt be interested in anyway.
    And your problem is, exactly?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You money grabbing $%$£

Can't you see the big picture?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        And your problem is, exactly?
        That I even bothered to politely decline yet agent had a dig....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          So I get this. First thought was you cheeky twat. I politely decline and you accuse me of being a moneygrabber
          Nahhj.. . A money grabber is someone that thinks 72 quid a week is worthwhile... Oh hang on....

We'd quite happily accuse you of other things if that was the point of the post. If it wasn't can someone explain to me what the point of it is?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Nahhj.. . A money grabber is someone that thinks 72 quid a week is worthwhile... Oh hang on....

If it wasn't can someone explain to me what the point of it is?
            He's feeling sorry for himself (again)
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

We'd quite happily accuse you of other things if that was the point of the post. If it wasn't can someone explain to me what the point of it is?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to northernladuk again.

Can someone do the needful please!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

He's feeling sorry for himself (again)
                Its ok, its General he is allowed to belittle the muppets
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Can someone do the needful please!
                  Done

Comment

The reply is :

Dear Pimp

I look for contracts with clients that want to and can afford to pay the going rate. I look far beyond clients that can't see the value in paying for experts, if I wanted to devote myself to an employer and become poor I would become a permie.

Love PC

As I said to one Pimp, "can you see the words 'Registered Charity' on my CV?"
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X