• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alternative to Dyn for dns hostnames

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative to Dyn for dns hostnames

I use dyn.com but they have increased their fees to $40/year from $25/year for the DynDNS Pro/Hosts service. Still not a lot of money but almost doubled for no extra service.

Do you guys use an alternative?

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I use dyn.com but they have increased their fees to $40/year from $25/year for the DynDNS Pro/Hosts service. Still not a lot of money but almost doubled for no extra service.

Do you guys use an alternative?
    duckdns

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      duckdns
      Wow, that took all of 30 seconds for me to set up, just a straightforward domain linked to my i.p. address. Just replaced my DynDNS domain with the duck one.

Is that all I need to do? Why do they talk about installing stuff on the 'install' tab? (I'm guessing it's to do with updating the i.p. address automatically, but I think my router can do this).

Thanks

Comment

I use no-ip.com that offer free random domains but I have been using managed domain plan. cant remember something like £20 a year for one of my own domains with unlimited subdomains and IP manged via the panel. They have linux and windows tools too. Never had a problem with them and when i needed something they responded very quickly and professionally.

Comment

Working...
        X