• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

late payment from agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late payment from agent

It goes to general as its minor issue

Agency "forgot" to pay me on time. Now when im chasing it they are like :

Just looking through now should know more in the next hour or so.

If it’s unpaid I’ll get it put straight through for you, have you had any charges applied to you due to late payment? If so we will obviously cover these
    contract doesnt state any charges for late payment. Should i be charging them something? lol 99£ admin fee or something

Originally posted by diseasex View Post

contract doesnt state any charges for late payment. Should i be charging them something? lol 99£ admin fee or something
    Yes, £500 cash, for the inconvenience caused.

HTH.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Yes, £500 cash, for the inconvenience caused.

HTH.
      Used notes, in a brown envelope, meet at midnight in the local Tesco carpark

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        Used notes, in a brown envelope, meet at midnight in the local Tesco carpark
        ok ok what should i reply to that dude?
        Nah thats fine just give me money
        or yes please apply some fees from me as you please.
        or 1% per day of delay ^_^

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          Used notes, in a brown envelope, meet at midnight in the local Tesco carpark, unless you live in Slough, where the agent will have had all the money robbed, before you get there
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post

If you went overdrawn and got charged fees then they will cover such fees. Same as a permie. Some people have nothing left in the bank on payday.

Its only right they made a mistake & they should pay any financial consequences of that.

I would say unless they are significantly late say 30 days you can't really charge them for the inconvenience unless you have a clause allowing you.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              If you went overdrawn and got charged fees then they will cover such fees. Same as a permie. Some people have nothing left in the bank on payday.

Its only right they made a mistake & they should pay any financial consequences of that.

I would say unless they are significantly late say 30 days you can't really charge them for the inconvenience unless you have a clause allowing you.
              thanks - learned something new.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                There is, of course, Late Payment legislation which allows for statutory interest and a statutory fixed sum for debt recovery costs.
                https://www.gov.uk/late-commercial-p...t-becomes-late

This does not have to be written in contract as it is already written in law.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

There are regulations set out for this. As a business, I don't think the client should give a tulip if you go overdrawn - it's up to you to manage your money. The regs lay it out, beyond what may be in your contract..

Comment

A real contractor wouldn't have noticed a few quid missing against their massive war chest. That's their secretaries job to chase it up

Hth

MF
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X