• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

different rules for perm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different rules for perm

Having contracted for a number of years, I took a perm role last summer.

Now the holidays are over I want to post my CV on JobServer, but am unsure if I should name my current employer within my CV.

I have always avoided this verbally to agents, and don't want my employer to know I'm looking (at this stage).

What do you think?

Richard

Originally posted by richard101 View Post

Now the holidays are over I want to post my CV on JobServer, but am unsure if I should name my current employer within my CV.

I have always avoided this verbally to agents, and don't want my employer to know I'm looking (at this stage).

What do you think?

Richard
    I think you'll fit right in here
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I always post the current gig on my CV.

Comment

I took a perm role last summer. Now the holidays are over I want to post my CV on JobServer
        Well, that was really permanent...
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Get in touch with our own DA (Dodgy Agent) on here.

Sure to be able to help out, as long as you supply 2 references and a brown envelope full of 50's.

HTH.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

What do you think?

Richard
            make sure you don't mention that it was "permanent"

Comment

A (male) schoolfriend of mine went perm, and frankly looked ridiculous and everybody laughed at him. I think he'd be the first to say that it was a mistake.

Having naturally slightly curly hair myself I'm not sure why anybody would choose to do that to themselves.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                A (male) schoolfriend of mine went perm, and frankly looked ridiculous and everybody laughed at him.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Calm down. Calm down.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    A (male) schoolfriend of mine went perm, and frankly looked ridiculous and everybody laughed at him. I think he'd be the first to say that it was a mistake.

Having naturally slightly curly hair myself I'm not sure why anybody would choose to do that to themselves.
                    Was this in the 80's?

Did some of your male friends' have rat tails as well?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X