• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Die englischer garten dis morgen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very crispy, -8 when I stepped out the door.

Last edited by scooterscot; 18 January 2016, 13:33.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Why don't you start an "Official CUK Deutschland snow report" thread

Does wonders for AtW's blood pressure
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

der Garten.

I think. I spent ages trying to memorize bloody german noun genders; please don't confuse me now.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        der Garten.

I think. I spent ages trying to memorize bloody german noun genders; please don't confuse me now.
        My missus is a fluent German speaker and I well remember her learning nouns with the article - whilst there are some rather flaccid rules you can apply, the proper way is to learn it with the article too.

And its '...diesen Morgen' isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          My missus is a fluent German speaker and I well remember her learning nouns with the article - whilst there are some rather flaccid rules you can apply, the proper way is to learn it with the article too.

And its '...diesen Morgen' isn't it?
          Nominative I think, so dieser Morgen.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You're absolutely correct. Forever making that mistake. I'm just happy I'm understood most of the time!

Taking 2-3 months out of working life this year to study the language. It's beyond irritating now.

Comment

Only -5 and no snow where I am. But skiing in the Black Forest tomorrow.

Dieser isn't good German - you should use heute. Literally "today morning". Der Englische Garten heute morgen

The awful German language.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Only -5 and no snow where I am. But skiing in the Black Forest tomorrow.

Dieser isn't good German - you should use heute. Literally "today morning". Der Englische Garten heute morgen

The awful German language.
                    'Heute morgen' ist möglich, oder?

Comment

Working...
                    X