• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany Retention

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany Retention

Morning
    Considering a contract role based in Düsseldorf. Thinking of doing this the right way by registering with the German authorities and paying taxes locally in DE personally as I'm
    Sufficiently dissuaded by this forum on the question of using a uk limited company to invoice directly and scoot before 183 days are up.

I'm expecting a good retention rate given That there will be generous expenses allowed ( hoping for that) . Could you guys provide a ballpark estimate of how much one can retain ? I'm Married with no kids.

What I'm hoping not to hear is Belgium type horror stories of 50 percent taxes etc.

Also how much will a good accountant cost in Germany?

Again hoping they don't charge an arm and leg for tax advice ?

???

Comment

Do you like movies about gladiators?

Comment

Post in Accounting / Legal section.

General is all about radiator bleeding and gladiators. And licking chutney spoons.

Comment

Have you ever been to a Turkish bath ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Einkommensteuerrechner 2016, 2015, 2014 und 2010 - 2013

Tax rate for EUR 50,000 would be about 27%.

You need a local accountant, and you can probably offset your travelling costs.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 January 2016, 08:02.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Do you own, one or more, pairs of black, leather, stranglers gloves?

If so, have they seen any action, recently?
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Do you own, one or more, pairs of black, leather, stranglers gloves?

If so, have they seen any action, recently?
                strangler's gloves

OP - make sure the Germans know your gloves are for strangling and not retro Gestapo gloves. They wouldn't like that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  OP - make sure the Germans know your gloves are for strangling and not retro Gestapo gloves. They wouldn't like that at all.
                  Are you allowed back into Germany, yet, Barry?
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Nope. Merkel's invite to all and sundry didn't apply to me it seems

Comment

Working...
                    X