PDA

View Full Version : Germany Retention

InspiredByDope
18th January 2016, 11:49
Morning
Considering a contract role based in Düsseldorf. Thinking of doing this the right way by registering with the German authorities and paying taxes locally in DE personally as I'm
Sufficiently dissuaded by this forum on the question of using a uk limited company to invoice directly and scoot before 183 days are up.

I'm expecting a good retention rate given That there will be generous expenses allowed ( hoping for that) . Could you guys provide a ballpark estimate of how much one can retain ? I'm Married with no kids.

What I'm hoping not to hear is Belgium type horror stories of 50 percent taxes etc.

Also how much will a good accountant cost in Germany?

Again hoping they don't charge an arm and leg for tax advice ?

InspiredByDope
18th January 2016, 22:53
???

AtW
18th January 2016, 23:04
Do you like movies about gladiators?

DimPrawn
18th January 2016, 23:13
Post in Accounting / Legal section.

General is all about radiator bleeding and gladiators. And licking chutney spoons.

fullyautomatix
19th January 2016, 06:16
Have you ever been to a Turkish bath ?

BlasterBates
19th January 2016, 07:50
Einkommensteuerrechner 2016, 2015, 2014 und 2010 - 2013 (http://einkommensteuerrechner.com.de/)

Tax rate for EUR 50,000 would be about 27%.

You need a local accountant, and you can probably offset your travelling costs.

MrMarkyMark
19th January 2016, 08:33
Do you own, one or more, pairs of black, leather, stranglers gloves?

If so, have they seen any action, recently?

barrydidit
19th January 2016, 08:44
Do you own, one or more, pairs of black, leather, stranglers gloves?

If so, have they seen any action, recently?

:spel strangler's gloves

OP - make sure the Germans know your gloves are for strangling and not retro Gestapo gloves. They wouldn't like that at all.

MrMarkyMark
19th January 2016, 08:46
OP - make sure the Germans know your gloves are for strangling and not retro Gestapo gloves. They wouldn't like that at all.

Are you allowed back into Germany, yet, Barry?

barrydidit
19th January 2016, 08:55
Nope. Merkel's invite to all and sundry didn't apply to me it seems :(

MrMarkyMark
19th January 2016, 08:59
Nope. Merkel's invite to all and sundry didn't apply to me it seems :(

So, no "Germany Retention", for you, then :rolleyes:

InspiredByDope
19th January 2016, 09:16
Thanks , the accountancies in Germany are bloody bonkers , one offered to take care of my affairs for a monthly fee of 1440 euro !

diseasex
19th January 2016, 09:27
Thanks , the accountancies in Germany are bloody bonkers , one offered to take care of my affairs for a monthly fee of 1440 euro !

and the other?

InspiredByDope
19th January 2016, 09:47
The others are pretending they haven't heard me

scooterscot
19th January 2016, 14:52
Morning
Considering a contract role based in Düsseldorf. Thinking of doing this the right way by registering with the German authorities and paying taxes locally in DE personally as I'm
Sufficiently dissuaded by this forum on the question of using a uk limited company to invoice directly and scoot before 183 days are up.

I'm expecting a good retention rate given That there will be generous expenses allowed ( hoping for that) . Could you guys provide a ballpark estimate of how much one can retain ? I'm Married with no kids.

What I'm hoping not to hear is Belgium type horror stories of 50 percent taxes etc.

Also how much will a good accountant cost in Germany?

Again hoping they don't charge an arm and leg for tax advice ?

Being married is better than being single, especially if your frau does not work. Throw some numbers in here for an idea of retention.

Lohn- und Einkommensteuerberechnung (http://www.parmentier.de/steuer/steuer.htm?wagetax.htm)

I pay my accountant about €2k a year for monthly vat returns and end of year return. As with all accountants, quick, good, cheap, pick any two. I'm not charged anything for tax advice. That's UK based thinking.

OwlHoot
19th January 2016, 14:55
Morning
Sufficiently dissuaded by this forum on the question of using a uk limited company to invoice directly and scoot before 183 days are up. ...

Stop over-complicating things - If you're there for less than six months you needn't pay any tax. To anyone! :smokin

oracleslave
19th January 2016, 14:56

Have you confirmed to them you're partial to a bit of leather and the taste of a snooker ball?

MrMarkyMark
19th January 2016, 14:59

Now, you're just getting paranoid, not "inspired" :cool2: