• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hope you're paying yourself at least £10/hour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you're paying yourself at least £10/hour

Labour’s latest attack on private enterprise | City A.M.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Don't see what the fuss about TBH, although making the right to issue dividends subject to paying a minimum wage seems rather suplerfluous when the Government can just legislate a minimum wage anyway.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

That page blocked most of its content, complaining that I seemed to be using an ad blocker, which I am: the most excellent Ghostery.

So I turned off JavaScript, reloaded the page, and I could read it all.

Which led me to the conclusion that the journalistic skills on display were roughly on a par with their technical mastery

Comment

Being Director is not the same as being employed...

"If this is the worst Labour can do, then I'd vote for them" (TM)...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Being Director is not the same as being employed...

"If this is the worst Labour can do, then I'd vote for them" (TM)...
          What makes you think it is the worst that labour can do. They will be tempering their policy as much as they can in order to get elected. Once they are then you can kiss goodbye to any prospect of making yourself number 63 in the list of people who are worth more than the rest of the planet put together
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            What makes you think it is the worst that labour can do.
            After what Osborne had already done (and he'll do worse before he is out), I'd take my chances with Labour, who'd in any case win next election by a landslide, with or without Korbyn.

I plan to retire by 2020 and will watch his acceptance speech on a big OLED TV on my personal yacht somewhere in the Mediterranian.

HTH

Comment

After what Osborne had already done (and he'll do worse before he is out), I'd take my chances with Labour, who'd in any case win next election by a landslide, with or without Korbyn.

I plan to be on benefits by 2020 and will watch his acceptance speech on an OLD B&W TV on my personal cardboard box somewhere in my rented bedsit.

HTH

FTFY
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I plan to retire by 2020 and will watch his acceptance speech on a big OLED TV on my personal yacht somewhere in the Mediterranian.

HTH
                So we should just keep borrowing?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  So we should just keep borrowing?
                  We are going to keep borrowing anyway.

Isn't it at record levels since Pig Boy and Gidiot "took over" the reins?
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    We are going to keep borrowing anyway.

Isn't it at record levels since Pig Boy and Gidiot "took over" the reins?
                    OK "more borrowing" ?

Or is it this? The inverted snobbery or cowardice of not wanting to be seen to vote Tory despite the fact that conservative ideals are what so many people live by?

Why were so many people afraid to admit that they wanted to vote Tory? - Telegraph

Yet on the outside these people will pretend to be labour supporters (just to supposedly give themselves some dubious veneer of credibility) despite the appalling outcomes that have been endured under their watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X