• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ravenous Veggies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ravenous Veggies

GBK boycotted by vegans and vegetarians over offensive adverts | Metro News

Gourmet Burger Kitchen’s latest ad campaign just massively backfired.

People have been inundating the burger chain and the Advertising Standards Authority with complaints after seeing the newest posters, and are calling for a huge boycott.

One offending ad shows a picture of a young cow, with the caption: ‘They eat grass so you don’t have to.’
    oops
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

In an article for Eco Hustler, vegan activist Robbie Lockie wrote: ‘Is it appropriate for a corporation to single out and make fun of a minority group on public transport?
    Yes and we are pleased that the group is not any bigger.
    Vegans, a bunch of miserable, patronising, self righteous, pain in the a*ses.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I fail to see what their point is. That's exactly what cattle are for

I wouldn't complain if Gourmet Turnip Kitchen put up a poster with a picture of a turnip plant and the caption "It eats tulip so you don't have to."

Comment

Also, are these vegans and vegetarians saying that, until these posters appeared, they were going out for beefburgers on a regular basis? Because if they weren't, their boycott is just them doing what they were already doing.

Comment

Gourmet Burger Kitchen’s latest ad campaign just massively backfired.
          Actually, I suspect it'll be a massive success. Everyone will laugh at the veggies, who would never go to a GBK anyway, and they'll be talking about GBK and their nice burgers.

Yum.

Comment

"I have here a prospectus from another summer school which states its terms per week and then asks me to say 'whether my diet is ordinary or vegetarian'. They take it for granted, you see, that it is necessary to ask this question. This kind of thing is by itself sufficient to alienate plenty of decent people. And their instinct is perfectly sound, for the food-crank is by definition a person willing to cut himself off from human society in hopes of adding five years on to the life of his carcase; that is, a person out of touch with common humanity." - George Orwell, The Road to Wigan Pier

Comment

fantastic
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

FTFY

Veganuary, which encourages people to give up animal products for a month, has seen a huge surge in popularity this year.

This month around 22,000 miserable gits are taking part – up by about 2,650 per cent from when it started three years ago.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  Actually, I suspect it'll be a massive success. Everyone will laugh at the veggies, who would never go to a GBK anyway, and they'll be talking about GBK and their nice burgers.

Yum.
                  Pure ignorance there Chuck. GBK actually makes good veggie burgers, couple of vegetarians I know quite like the veg options there.

Looks like GBK has apologised for this anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    "I have here a prospectus from another summer school which states its terms per week and then asks me to say 'whether my diet is ordinary or vegetarian'. They take it for granted, you see, that it is necessary to ask this question. This kind of thing is by itself sufficient to alienate plenty of decent people. And their instinct is perfectly sound, for the food-crank is by definition a person willing to cut himself off from human society in hopes of adding five years on to the life of his carcase; that is, a person out of touch with common humanity." - George Orwell, The Road to Wigan Pier
                    Apart from being vegetarian for religious reasons plenty do it for health reasons.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X