• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Park Skulkers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Park Skulkers

A funny breed this and not necessarily just confined to car parks but any outside space to which one may repair to get a bit of P and Q.

You must never make eye contact with these people as they will take this as a signal to bore you to death with the minutiae of the most boring topics imaginable.

And once they've started, there's no escape.

There's one active at my current client & I thought that by ducking in and out of a number of hiding places en route to my car at lunch time I had the measure of him.

Not so, unfortunately.

No sooner had I made myself comfortable and was preparing to tuck into the leftovers from last night's curry than there was a tap on my window.

And there he was gesticulating for me to wind down the window so he could fill me in with the latest installment of his washing machine repair saga.

It's gonna be a long winter

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    A funny breed this and not necessarily just confined to car parks but any outside space to which one may repair to get a bit of P and Q.

You must never make eye contact with these people as they will take this as a signal to bore you to death with the minutiae of the most boring topics imaginable.

And once they've started, there's no escape.

There's one active at my current client & I thought that by ducking in and out of a number of hiding places en route to my car at lunch time I had the measure of him.

Not so, unfortunately.

No sooner had I made myself comfortable and was preparing to tuck into the leftovers from last night's curry than there was a tap on my window.

And there he was gesticulating for me to wind down the window so he could fill me in with the latest installment of his washing machine repair saga.

Get a second mobile phone, primed and ready to dial your main mobile number. When he knocks on the window, smile and look as though you're pleased to see him then dial your number. Apologise that you have to take the call and put the window up. Do that every day until he gets the hint.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
      Don't flash your headlights.
      FTFY
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Is there no break room at the office? That sounds awful. Maybe get a junker and put a mannequin in the front seat wired with explosives and a proximity trigger just in time for lunch next time.

Comment

Lunch at your desk with your headphones on so you can ignore everyone?

That's what people seem to do around here.

Darned antisocial lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post

Aren't you interested in washing machines?

I'd have thought anyone would welcome detailed advice on what to do and not do if one goes wrong.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by The Janner Miss Tanner View Post
              Lunch at your desk with your headphones on so you can ignore everyone?

That's what people seem to do around here.

Darned antisocial lot.

:nazi: the lot of them!

Comment

Working...
              X