• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wellness Campaign

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wellness Campaign

Clientco has gone all healthy.

At a sales conference in the U.S.My 5th one and in the past all been booze, booze, booze and lashing of unheathy food.

But they've decided this year the company needs to go on a health kick and have kicked off a wellness program

They did a big session earlier in the week where they had some health people kick off and talk about work / live balance (of which mine is crap). Then they went on about poor diet and how people who don't have it get overweight, tired, blood pressure issues and diabetes. They were definitely looking at me.

Yesterday lunch consisted of kale soup and healthy veg & boiled chicken!!! 6am Yoga and a run at 6.30am. I love that everyone had to sign a waiver that said if they died it was not the companies fault. LOL

Watching them now run around the complex safe from my room waiting for a fried breakfast on room service.

Have other companies started on these new programs. Are these health programs just another way to increase productivity?

New fad coming to a company near you soon!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

At a sales conference in the U.S.My 5th one and in the past all been booze, booze, booze and lashing of unheathy food.

But they've decided this year the company needs to go on a health kick and have kicked off a wellness program

They did a big session earlier in the week where they had some health people kick off and talk about work / live balance (of which mine is crap). Then they went on about poor diet and how people who don't have it get overweight, tired, blood pressure issues and diabetes. They were definitely looking at me.

Yesterday lunch consisted of kale soup and healthy veg & boiled chicken!!! 6am Yoga and a run at 6.30am. I love that everyone had to sign a waiver that said if they died it was not the companies fault. LOL

Watching them now run around the complex safe from my room waiting for a fried breakfast on room service.

Have other companies started on these new programs. Are these health programs just another way to increase productivity?

New fad coming to a company near you soon!
    You obviously didn't have health issues yet to be so reckless about your body and mind? Nothing to be proud of if you want to reach 50 and die.

My friend just got diagnosed with atherosclerosis - hes 40yo and have a baby coming. He was eating like idiot, obese, smoking etc. Now he might live another 10 years but feels like crap.
    Last edited by diseasex; 21 January 2016, 12:17.

Comment

It's a big thing in American companies now. Someone I know over there works for a company that issued all their staff with fitbits (or somesuch). If they prove a certain level of exercise the company pays a massive chunk of their health insurance.

Comment

Someone I know over there works for a company that issued all their staff with fitbits (or somesuch)
        Same at a recent UK clientco. They were a small outfit and were losing lots of days due to 'sickness' (AKA Stress). Made a 20% difference in the first 1/4.

Comment

That explains. Any sane person would do the same.

Don't believe me? Ask markymark.

Comment

yep they are making fun of the fat kid again
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              That explains. Any sane person would do the same.

Don't believe me? Ask markymark.

You rang big boy?

Shelve the breakfast and get back on that track you, lardy arsed, fecking loser.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You know you've eaten too many pies when the Americans think you're fat...

Comment

This sort of big brother sh*t is getting out of hand

you employ people for the skills they have not for how fit they are......

surely the feminazis will have something to say about this - as they are generally obese

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    You know you've eaten too many pies, burgers, pizzas, fry ups, fish and chips, roast meals and cream cakes when the Americans think you're fat...
                    Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    This sort of big brother sh*t is getting out of hand
                    It was the hipsters that dunnit, of that I'm sure.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X