• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Watch out MM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out MM

https://www.newscientist.com/article...erick-surgeon/

The head transplant juggernaut rolls on. Last year, maverick surgeon Sergio Canavero caused a worldwide storm when he revealed his plan to attempt a human head transplant to New Scientist. He claimed that the surgical protocol would be ready within two years and said he intended to offer the surgery as a treatment for complete paralysis.

Now, working with other scientists in China and South Korea, he claims to have moved closer to that goal with a series of experiments in animals and human cadavers.
    he could put your head on a boomer.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

he intended to offer the surgery as a treatment for complete paralysis
    Should more accurately be described as a body transplant surely?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm pretty sure more than one film has been made about this kind of thing - it never turns out well.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
        I'm pretty sure more than one film has been made about this kind of thing - it never turns out well.
        You know Mauve Monkey, then
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

***Disgusting post about the Human Centipede deleted***
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I was thinking more "The Amazing Two-Headed Transplant" with Bruce Dern, but I guess that horrible movie you just referenced counts...eeek.

Comment

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

AtW's experiments were a success....

Last edited by greenlake; 21 January 2016, 21:36.

Comment

Ethically I'm troubled by the whole business of removing ones head for another body, regardless if the surgery can be overcome.

Our nervous system makes us who we are. You've all heard the stories of those that have had heart transplants and learn a new skill or trade following surgery that was a trait that belonged to the donor? The idea being tissue surrounding the heart is similar to that of the brain.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    ***Disgusting post about the Human Centipede deleted***
                    Yup. 90 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

Possibly the worst film I've ever seen.

Not even scary. Just tulipe

Comment

Working...
                    X