• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employers and Public liability and Professional indemnity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employers and Public liability and Professional indemnity

Hi Two quick questions

1) Are all three insurances absolutely mandory under LTD when contracting?
    2) Can anyone recommend insurers?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Originally posted by christhedon
    Hi Two quick questions

1) Are all three insurances absolutely mandory under LTD when contracting?
    2) Can anyone recommend insurers?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    Professional Indemnity is only required if the contract states it, however the client could still sue you if you are negligent I would have it.

The other two are necessary if you employ others (or have a contract with your limited company). You'll probably say you don't employ others but then also have a substitution clause in your engagement contracts for 'IR35' if you have this then obvioulsy you do employ others don't you?!?

Comment

I have a substitution clause yes. So I guess I'll need alll three insurances. Can anyone recommend a place and why?

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by christhedon
        I have a substitution clause yes. So I guess I'll need alll three insurances. Can anyone recommend a place and why?

Thanks,

Chris

Randell and Dorling (sp?) discounted thru PCG. All three for about £200. The prof indemnity is for £100K but with access to a shared pot of £1M.

I don't know any one who's had to claim so can't comment on that side.

HTH

Comment

Working...
        X