• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extra virgin olive oil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra virgin olive oil

A friend of a friend here in Munich travels to her home village in Italy now and again. She asked if I'd like her to bring back some olive oil they produce in the village.

OMG

I din't realise olive oil could taste this good. It actually tastes like it may have came from a plant that was in the earth recently. €10 for a gallon.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 21 January 2016, 19:52.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    A friend of a friend here in Munch travels to her home village in Italy now and again. She asked if I'd like her to bring back some olive oil they produce in the village.

OMG

I din't realise olive oil could taste this good. It actually tastes like it may have came from a plant that was in the earth recently. €10 for a gallon.
    Can you buy it anywhere online for delivery in the UK?

Comment

I'm just south of Jaen at weekend home which consistently produces eVOOs in the top 5 in world competitions and the number 1 eVOO for the past 6 years.

250ml £25.99 in London. 5 Litres €13.99 here (comes in a plastic bottle)

BTW most Italian eVOO is VOO produced in Spain and repackaged in Italy.

Big Scandal at mo...

Italian olive oil scandal: seven top brands 'sold fake extra-virgin' - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        To my knowledge the orchard only serves the village and surrounding areas. That's why she offered to take some back on her return journey.

I like my olive oils, a little butter milch brot, balsamic vinegar. But I've not tasted olive oil like this before. Makes me want to visit the region.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Flying to LCY on Tuesday with 44KG luggage allowance. How much do you want? As above €13.99 for 5L. Retail in London, as above.

Comment

I just got 10l from a friend of mine's orchard in Sicily. Fruity, peppery and tangy. Much better and cheaper than Tesco!
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

If it helps, it's: cuonzo franco ogliarola bio. It seems I can find it online, but I'm not sure it's exactly the same.

Last edited by scooterscot; 21 January 2016, 20:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                I just got 10l from a friend of mine's orchard in Sicily. Fruity, peppery and tangy. Much better and cheaper than Tesco!
                I remember flat sharing with an Italian lady and a French lady at university they were both shocked at how bad our supermarket olive oil tasted.

Also on the taste tests newspapers and magazines do they always say don't buy it from the major supermarkets e.g. Tesco, Sainsburys as they taste worse than the German discounters.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I remember flat sharing with an Italian lady and a French lady at uni
                  Oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    Oh dear
                    She was mad.

We mainly avoided each other.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X