• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you now or have you ever been

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you now or have you ever been

a scumbag scalper.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ex-ceo-jac...232057273.html

For dear old Freako, this relates to the gentleman who raised the price of a drug by 5000% overnight.

Well that's capitalism for you.

Why pick on him? Plenty of people who could be subpoenaed for making excessive margins. Most of canary wharf for a start.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Why pick on him? Plenty of people who could be subpoenaed for making excessive margins. Most of canary wharf for a start.
      Because he jacked up the price of a life saving drug.

No wonder big pharma's got a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by The Janner Miss Tanner View Post

Plenty of people earning far too much. Its the way big business conducts itself.

A lot of politician screwing over the poor people too. Why not subpoena themselves?

Comment

[QUOTE=BrilloPad;2198912]Plenty of people earning far too much. QUOTE]

Yes, there are.

You may argue that Wayne Rooney earns too much and I'd tend to agree - but while that may be the case, he's not jeopardising vulnerable people in poorer parts of the world by effectively cranking up the price of their malaria treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by The Janner Miss Tanner View Post

capitalism has no time for morals

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
              capitalism has no time for morals
              Well, seemingly not within the global, corporate model which seems to ride roughshod over everything that one may consider "good".

I don't know if any of you have ever read a book by E.F. Schumacher called Small is Beautiful? It was set text on my degree course & from what I recall, it sets out a vision of a capitalist model characterised by many small competing entities rather than the current model in which global monopolies come about.

I think his overriding argument was that such a model would be good for the planet or something.

I really must read it again.

Comment

Working...
              X