• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Funeral expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funeral expenses

Daytime TV is littered with advert for funeral expenses - with costs quoted at upwards of £7k

Anyone been through the expense of a funeral perhaps for a relative and can advise cheapest options - I would prefer to put £7k behind a bar for the mother of all wakes
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

I think the average funeral these days costs about £2.5k, and that's just for a basic one
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I think the average funeral these days costs about £2.5k, and that's just for a basic one
      Any idea how that breaks down?

Comment

Under £1k
        Low Cost Cremation Funeral £945 Direct Services
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          Now yer talkin!

Comment

Leave your body to the local Kebab Shop HTH.

Comment

Doesn't sound average if that's a basic one

Dad's was about that for a simple service, notices in papers, flowers, etc, a couple of years ago. I found the invoice when going through mum's papers after she died much more recently. I'm expecting an invoice for hers so might share the breakdown if I remember and feel it's appropriate.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Daytime TV is littered with advert for funeral expenses - with costs quoted at upwards of £7k

Anyone been through the expense of a funeral perhaps for a relative and can advise cheapest options - I would prefer to put £7k behind a bar for the mother of all wakes
                How's the brake and steering service going on Mrs Troll's car btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Any idea how that breaks down?
                  https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...a-funeral-cost

Disbursement costs

Item Average cost
                  Doctor’s fees for death certification £165
                  Cremation fees £660
                  Burial fees £1,750
                  Minister fees, religious or secular officiant or celebrant – in other words the person who performs the funeral service £140+
                  Church of England service in a crematorium £164

Optional costs of a funeral

There are some additional services which you can add to a funeral. On average these can add another £1,800 to the bill.

Remember, these aren’t essential costs. But if you do want to include them, it’s important to get several quotes as costs can vary a lot.

This is one area where it’s easier to save money by making some of the arrangements yourself or asking family and friends to help you.

Item Average cost
                  Funeral flowers £150
                  Death notice announcing a death or an obituary £77
                  Funeral notice announcing the time and location of a funeral in a local newspaper £66
                  Additional limousine £230
                  Order of service/ celebration sheets £60
                  Catering for a wake/funeral reception £370
                  Venue hire for a wake/funeral reception £110
                  Memorial headstone or plaque £770
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Catering for a wake/funeral reception £370
                    Mine better be more than that or I'm coming back to haunt someone.

Comment

Working...
                    X