• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offshore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore

Anyone tried it? With any success?
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Like working on an oil rig? Or something else?
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I'd be interested too.

they have offered me a very good price and services, but they are not able to meet face to face (the Manchester address must be just a virtual office). That made me think. Also, no feedback anywhere and the bloke I talked to is nowhere to be found on LinkedIn and the likes.

I have also been in touch with OCRA

Seems to be very legitimate and recognised. The person I spoke to seemed real/genuine and they do meet their clients. However, their offering seemed less transparent (with various items having the "starting from" label) and complex and both setup and maintenance costs were about 3 grand, about twice L&W.

Does anybody have any suggestions or experience about setting up offshore companies?

Thanks
      Last edited by UncleRoger; 24 January 2016, 17:04. Reason: Removed URLs

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRoger View Post
        I'd be interested too.

I have been in touch with Leblanc & Williams

they have offered me a very good price and services, but they are not able to meet face to face (the Manchester address must be just a virtual office). That made me think. Also, no feedback anywhere and the bloke I talked to is nowhere to be found on LinkedIn and the likes.

I have also been in touch with OCRA
        Seems to be very legitimate and recognised. The person I spoke to seemed real/genuine and they do meet their clients. However, their offering seemed less transparent (with various items having the "starting from" label) and complex and both setup and maintenance costs were about 3 grand, about twice L&W.

Does anybody have any suggestions or experience about setting up offshore companies?

Thanks
        (links removed)

Here and here.

If you're talking specifically about an offshore profit shifting mechanism along the lines of AmaGoogleBook, good luck and lube up They aren't built for micro-businesses that are tax-resident in the UK and whose director(s) are UK tax-resident and operating the company from the UK and who, ultimately, want that money to come back to the UK. They are international businesses. They may push the boundaries, but what they're doing is not baseless.

Comment

I don't know, one TV show and everybody thinks they can do it.

How do you expect to get the money back into the uk?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post

Maybe that's what jamesbrown was explaining with his 'lube up' comment! Just try not to walk funny or the rubber gloves will come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
              I don't know, one TV show and everybody thinks they can do it.

What makes you think I'm a UK national or resident to start with?

In any case, I'd tie to the company to an offshore bank account in the name of the company and in yet another jurisdiction, spend the money through a debit/credit card directly from there?

Comment

Moved to General so we can all point and laugh...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Have at it, I do have a sense of humour

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    Anyone tried it? With any success?
                    Yes, I try Polish women these days. Don't mind the Hungarian ones though.

Loads of Sexcess Success

Comment

Working...
                    X