• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn - how do you present your contract history?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn - how do you present your contract history?

Users of LinkedIn - when presenting your work history do you present each contract as a separate dated entry, or do you present only your Ltd Co. with perhaps a list of clients you have supported. Perhaps you present your background in a different way, if so, please share:

1) I list each contract as a separate dated position - showing the client company's logo etc.

2) I list only my Ltd Co with me as director, and perhaps a listing of previous clients.

3) I present my info in a different way on LinkedIn

4) My profile is very brief on LinkedIn and doesn't contain this info.

5) I don't use LinkedIn.

6) What is LinkedIn?
    I list each contract as a separate dated position - showing the client company's logo etc.
    61.29%
    I list only my Ltd Co with me as director, and perhaps a listing of previous clients
    16.13%
    I present my info in a different way on LinkedIn
    3.23%
    My profile is very brief on LinkedIn and doesn't contain this info.
    3.23%
    I don't use LinkedIn.
    9.68%
    What is LinkedIn?
    6.45%
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

MyLtd co is Headline gig so appears first, all contracts are also listed below this as separate gigs with Interim/Contract in the job title
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Users of LinkedIn - when presenting your work history do you present each contract as a separate dated entry, or do you present only your Ltd Co. with perhaps a list of clients you have supported. Perhaps you present your background in a different way, if so, please share:
      I use my Ltd co for tax purposes and nothing more. You want to tell the rest of LinkedIn you're a dirty legal tax avoider?

I sell myself on LinkedIn, not my company.

1) I list each contract as a separate dated position - showing the client company's logo etc.
      Of course. In fact even each project within the same client. It looks impressive if you can show multiple projects.

2) I list only my Ltd Co with me as director, and perhaps a listing of previous clients.
      Pointless. Why would any potential client care to know? An agent maybe.

3) I present my info in a different way on LinkedIn

4) My profile is very brief on LinkedIn and doesn't contain this info.

5) I don't use LinkedIn.

6) What is LinkedIn?
      It is not about presentation always. Rather think about what makes you an expert in your field. Discuss what it is you succeeded in and why people should hire you! It has zip to do with how pretty it looks.

Think... 'Sell me this pen' - what's the correct answer?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Mine is currently option 2 - but I am considering switching to option 1.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Option 1 & the actual detail for each role is just copied and pasted from my CV

Comment

Option 1 and then a summary of what I did on the project.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              Option 1 and then a summary of what I did on the project.

That's so not 'sell me this pen'.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I list only a selection of my contracts, leaving out all contracts that are 4 months or less. Also recently removed everything older then 10 years
                I have a list of my main skills in my profile.

Comment

I wish I could get away with listing "My Ltd" for 10 years and all the clients in small print, but the fact is no one's heard of my tiny Ltd and they have certainly heard of my clients so I have to stand on the shoulders of giants and promote them while I promote myself.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    That's so not 'sell me this pen'.
                    Aye maybe not, but thankfully it's worked so far
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X