• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's happening to me again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's happening to me again!

Bloody HR

I am 2 months into my new gig and they have produced a document, addressed to me personally, for me to sign personally, signing away my rights, be it IP, or statutory working rights etc etc.

How unlucky can one guy be?

Anywho, I'm not signing it as it's a clear IR35 trap, and I now have to go through the motions of attempting to explain IR35 to some hoighty-toighty HR manager who doesn't give a crap and will terminate me before lunch just because he can.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Ask HR "person", by email, would your substitute have to sign one personally if they were to come on site?

If so, then you've covered your working practices as the company does it on an individual "on site" basis.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Oh Suity!™
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

This is the type of thing you pass on to your agent to sort out, that's why you pay them the big bucks
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Ask HR "person", by email, would your everyone in your organisation have to sign one personally if they were to come on site?

If so, then you've covered your working practices as the company does it on an individual "on site" basis.
          FTFY
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            This is the type of thing you pass on to your agent to sort out, that's why you pay them the big bucks
            I like Darmy. Darmie is smart. Be like Darmie.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Just pay the extra tax. All permies do.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Suity

Life is like a sandwich of activity between two periods of bedwetting

You appear to be missing out the middle bit
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'd think statutory working rights have more chance of being an issue than intellectual property tbh
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Suity

Life is like a sandwich of activity between two periods of bedwetting

You appear to be missing out the middle bit
                    Which one? Bedsheeting?

Comment

Working...
                    X