• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of the day

From JAM Recruitment.

Bearing in mind I work in InfoSec, whatever key word search they are using must be thouroughly fecked....

Position – Site Manager
    Location – Humberside offices covering projects in m62 corridor
    Salary – Negotiable based on experience

The Background

The client is an established contractor who operates across multi sectors including Automotive, Education, Industrial and several other’s. They are looking for a Site Manager to be based out of their offices covering projects across the M62 corridor.

The Role

As a Site Manager you will be responsible for general day to day Site Management covering all aspects of work. You’ll be responsible for Health and Safety, managing contractors and feeding back on progress to the Contracts Manager. The role will involve dealing with projects typically ranging from 2-10 million.

In order to succeed as a Site Manager you’ll have previous experience dealing with several sectors including Automotive, Industrial, Health Care and Food retail to name a few. You’ll have a valid SMSTS, CSCS, First Aid and ideally PASMA and Asbestos as well. You’ll come from a trade background ideally(not essential) and you’ll have general build experience.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

You mean you don't have a valid asbestos licence? Come on man!
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Site manager with an Asbestos ticket – that’s hopeful

I have CSCS, 1st aid & I am a "competent person" under PASMA but I would not want to be a SM thanks
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Managing the road works on the M62 corridor where drivers are ready to kill due to the extensive 50 zones sounds up there with punting kittens, stabbing babies or microwaving hamsters. Can't believe they've not filled it more easily.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'd ask for danger money. The M62 is a death trap at the best of times.

Comment

Working...
          X