• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfast Routine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast Routine

The other half and I decided we would start having a family breakfast as our New Year's resolution this year.

And, after almost 1 month, our verdict is one of thumbs up.

Mornings used to be a rush to scoff a granola bar on the hop and get the kids out the door & I used to turn up at work feeling flustered & stressed.

Yes, I have to get up a bit earlier & we allow 1.5 hours between alarm going off & getting out the door. Plenty of time to prepare an enjoyable breakfast, eat it, chat and maybe even fit in a couple of chores that would otherwise be done in the evening.

We've even started listening to the radio just like family breakfasts back in the '70s. Can't bear the inane drivel on radio 1 mind you. We quite like the Christian O' Connor breakfast show on Absolute 80s FM. Seems to strike the right balance; good music (I'm an 80s girl!), quite amusing sometimes and no depressing doom about all the awful stuff going on in the world.

That said, I do have the luxury of a 30 miute drive to my client's site. I can see all this going out the window when my next role involves a 2 hour commute each way.

Out of bed, tulip and shave, out of the door in 20 mins. Up at 545am before the rest of house awakes...

Odd (when mrs is on early shift) I have to take the youngest to childminder and go into client late (and work late usually). Means I'm still up at about 630, dress, feed a two year old and get her out the door. Then sit in traffic taking twice as long to drive to the train station (no traffic at 630 but loads at 830) to get to client exhausted at 10.

Think I prefer getting up early and going before anyones up.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Janner Miss Tanner View Post
      The other half and I decided we would start having a family breakfast as our New Year's resolution this year.

And, after almost 1 month, our verdict is one of thumbs up.

Mornings used to be a rush to scoff a granola bar on the hop and get the kids out the door & I used to turn up at work feeling flustered & stressed.

Yes, I have to get up a bit earlier & we allow 1.5 hours between alarm going off & getting out the door. Plenty of time to prepare an enjoyable breakfast, eat it, chat and maybe even fit in a couple of chores that would otherwise be done in the evening.

We've even started listening to the radio just like family breakfasts back in the '70s. Can't bear the inane drivel on radio 1 mind you. We quite like the Christian O' Connor breakfast show on Absolute 80s FM. Seems to strike the right balance; good music (I'm an 80s girl!), quite amusing sometimes and no depressing doom about all the awful stuff going on in the world.

That said, I do have the luxury of a 30 miute drive to my client's site. I can see all this going out the window when my next role involves a 2 hour commute each way.
      Mmm. Shades of venison brisket methinks.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

MTT gets up early. So he can give the supermodel he pulled last night an extra portion before booting her out of the door.

HTH

Comment

No "early morning horizontal gymnastics" or is that one of the chores reserved for the evening?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            No "early morning horizontal gymnastics" or is that one of the chores reserved for the evening?
            What a rude question

Comment

What a rude question
              I thought it was pretty tame actually .... sorry if it offended your sensibilities
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

What a rude question
                New to Troll/General forum?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Out of bed, tulip and shave, out of the door in 20 mins. Up at 545am before the rest of house awakes...

Odd (when mrs is on early shift) I have to take the youngest to childminder and go into client late (and work late usually). Means I'm still up at about 630, dress, feed a two year old and get her out the door. Then sit in traffic taking twice as long to drive to the train station (no traffic at 630 but loads at 830) to get to client exhausted at 10.

Think I prefer getting up early and going before anyones up.

You'll die young if you keep that up.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Andy W's Mum always makes me a slap up breakfast.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X