• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming up with a name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming up with a name

Whether it be a plan b, new company name or whatever, would you steer clear of a new name if it had some religious connotation?

Its very oblique, but most of the key domain names using the word are available, its a latin word which directly relates to the ideology of the new idea, but the first search is for a Christian holy order
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Take inspiration from the name of candidate for Sepp Blatters fifa presidency Tokyo Sexwale. What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Jesus.com seems to redirect to Metropolitan Community Churches in Florida. I bet lots of religious types are kicking themselves they didn't register it first.

So I'd forget that one.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Whether it be a plan b, new company name or whatever, would you steer clear of a new name if it had some religious connotation?

Its very oblique, but most of the key domain names using the word are available, its a latin word which directly relates to the ideology of the new idea, but the first search is for a Christian holy order
        Sort of like Opus? Are there many other associations to it?

Comment

Cheese Us Jesus isn't going to topple DairyLea and Baby Bel any time soon.
          HTHBIDI
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Companies house suggested that you should take the 1st, last, 2nd to last and 3rd to last letters from any forum names we have and use that. Does that help?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Companies house suggested that you should take the 1st, last, 2nd to last and 3rd to last letters from any forum names we have and use that. Does that help?
              nkud?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If it's something fairly obscure then I wouldn't worry. For instance Cornerstone Ltd to pick one biblically meaningful word.

BashingAllah Ltd would be more worrying.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If it's something fairly obscure then I wouldn't worry. For instance Cornerstone Ltd to pick one biblically meaningful word.

BashingAllah Ltd would be more worrying.
                  At least you'd get funding from Crazy Donald.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

nkud?
                    Better than your company name
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X