• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DIY Wills

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Wills

Are they worth the paper they are written on? Not got a very complex set up, but I guess getting married recently means I need to sort something out between the kids and their new step mother!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Are they worth the paper they are written on? Not got a very complex set up, but I guess getting married recently means I need to sort something out between the kids and their new step mother!

Pay a few hundred quid to get a solicitor to sort it out properly, that way it will be less worry.

Also get a pre-nup this time as well, you'll be glad you did this time next year.
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 27 January 2016, 13:50.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Check the Co-ops offering. Good price and easy use.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Pay a few hundred quid to get a solicitor to sort it out properly, that why it will be less worry.
        I'll be dead so it won't worry me

Also get a pre-nup this time as well, you'll be glad you did this time next year.
        Oh Suity!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'll be dead so it won't worry me

!

Nobodies going to want your toenail collection, best to sort it properly.

Comment

I did tenminutewill.co.uk for wife's Auntie before she popped her clogs - seemed pretty straightforward, but then so was the situation , in terms of who are the executors & who is to get what.

If you don't have one and die interstate then ex wife and kids can come after your estate when you pass - I'm hoping father in law (got terminal bowel cancer) and new wife haven't made one so we can claim on the estate
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Pay a few hundred quid to get a solicitor to sort it out properly, that way it will be less worry.
              This!

Comment

I was quoted £400 each for my wife & I

Fook that - plagiarised my fathers and substituted me & wifey & this generation of kids for his (think that made sense)
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

When I did it, the solicitor said, you can either leave it to your children, or you can explicitly name them.

I looked at the solicitor, then at my wife, had a think and then said 'Better name them'.

'WTF?' went the wife.

Better safe than sorry.

Comment

Disappointed. Thought this was going to be a thread about HRH's personal habits.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X