• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who has been quiet recently?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who has been quiet recently?

This gun says you ain’t leaving until my PC is fixed • The Register

On-call ABDUCTION 151228046, 2700 block of S. Grove Street. At approximately 11:00 a.m. on December 28, a male subject refused to let a computer technician leave the residence until his computer was fixed. The suspect allegedly had a gun in his possession and threatened to kill the victim. Joseph Nestor Mondello, 50, of Arlington VA was arrested and charged with abduction.
    blimey
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I think we could be onto something Any propeller head who tries to talk jargon and teccie as an excuse not to fix computer problems should be held at gunpoint until the job is done . I like it
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I think we could be onto something Any agency head who tries to talk jargon and teccie as an excuse not to pay contractors should be held at gunpoint until the job is done . I like it
      FTFY, you forum per-ass-onality of CUK

Comment

We'd never have seen suity again.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Mate of mine worked as support for a dodgy place. His role involved being sent to customer sites to fix app problems. Trouble was the app was crap and just didnt work so lots of irate customers.

He went to one place who'd had a right run in with mates employer and it all kicked off. They locked the gate, locked the doors and told mate he wasnt leaving until if was fixed.

He ended up having to call the police to come and talk sense into them.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Mate of mine worked as support for a dodgy place. His role involved being sent to customer sites to fix app problems. Trouble was the app was crap and just didnt work so lots of irate customers.

He went to one place who'd had a right run in with mates employer and it all kicked off. They locked the gate, locked the doors and told mate he wasnt leaving until if was fixed.

Last edited by northernladuk; 28 January 2016, 19:14.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

It's always a "mate of mine" with you.
              "mate of mine" got taken hostage
              "mate of mine" was actually inside IR35 but pretended he wasn't
              "mate of mine" got stuck in a sheep

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                actually something not dissimilar happened to me a few years ago. So you may have missed such exciting times but I bet a load of us have been screwed like this.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  actually something not dissimilar happened to me a few years ago. So you may have missed such exciting times but I bet a load of us have been screwed like this.
                  Zed's dead baby

HTHBIDI

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Ahhh so YOU are PCs mate.....
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X