• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PSA: £66 PI insurance with cashback

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA: £66 PI insurance with cashback

If you want cheap PI insurance purely to cover your back for IR35 here it is..

Topcashback are giving £85 off Hiscox for the next 3 days. Hiscox allows you to reduce your cover level to 25k. My quote was £151 so £66 after cashback.

For those not yet on Topcashback and feeling kind here is my referral link:

http://w ww.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Member1025242042924

Originally posted by Rafd View Post
    If you want cheap PI insurance purely to cover your back for IR35 here it is..

Topcashback are giving £85 off Hiscox for the next 3 days. Hiscox allows you to reduce your cover level to 25k. My quote was £151 so £66 after cashback.

For those not yet on Topcashback and feeling kind here is my referral link:

http://w ww.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Member1025242042924
    PI insurance to cover you for IR35 ????????????
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      PI insurance to cover you for IR35 ????????????
      As in, employee's don't need PI insurance so why on earth would you have PI insurance unless it's because you're a proper business

(case law that everyone jumps on to create an artificial PI insurance market)

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        As in, employee's don't need PI insurance so why on earth would you have PI insurance unless it's because you're a proper business

I suppose but I can;t see it as a 100% get out for IR35 just because you have it? Surely we all have anyway = no brainer.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          I suppose but I can;t see it as a 100% get out for IR35 just because you have it? Surely we all have anyway = no brainer.
          None of these insurances etc have been tested so nothing is a no brainer or 100%
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post

You can have every available business insurance and still be in "disguised employment", as HMRC would put it.

There's no case law where it comes even close to a deciding factor. Accepting it otherwise would mean anyone could simply buy their way out of IR35. Sorry people, it's just not going to happen.

Such was the flawed thinking behind some of the original proposed BETs and we know where that headed.

Comment

My current contract specifically requires me to carry PI insurance. Is this unusual?

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                You can have every available business insurance and still be in "disguised employment", as HMRC would put it.

There's no case law where it comes even close to a deciding factor. Accepting it otherwise would mean anyone could simply buy their way out of IR35. Sorry people, it's just not going to happen.

Such was the flawed thinking behind some of the original proposed BETs and we know where that headed.
                I know, I was being facetious

People can buy their way out of IR35 with QDOS TLC35, though that's also not yet been tested (and therefore it may also end up also not being worth the paper it's written on)

Comment

Originally posted by Rafd View Post
                  My current contract specifically requires me to carry PI insurance. Is this unusual?
                  No. In fact the only reason that any of us stump up for it is for that exact reason, its the equivalent of taking £200 and chucking it out of the window (since there has never ever been a claim or a payout AFAIK) but we have no choice.

Comment

Working...
                  X