• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TVR ceases production in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TVR ceases production in the UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6062084.stm

Oh Dear.

Tvr

Oh dear indeed!

Not be long before Nissan heads out as well.

Comment

No longer built by pikeys. Can't be a bad thing!
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

They should have stuck to V8's. It's the AJP 6 problems that did for them. IIRC something like 70% of Tuscans built before 2002 have had engine rebuilds, most of them done by the factory for free. Shame - as the AJP 8 especially the 4.5 is a monster engine.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Not be long before Nissan heads out as well.
          Why do you say that? I thought the Nissan factory was the most efficient in Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
            Why do you say that? I thought the Nissan factory was the most efficient in Europe?

soon to be the most efficient factory in eastern Europe

Comment

haven't nissan just got a new car to build to ensuring production for x number of years in the future..
              I guess he biggest factor is the price of the pound and subsidies..maybe?
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Many months ago I predicted they would move to Eastern Europe like Noble.

I just hope if I have to get any work done on my speed 6 engine that it doesn't have to be shipped out to Poland or something. That'll be a little inconvenient.

I think TVRCraft (UK indy) can now do engine work.

They'll probably try and keep the British marque by having an old lady sitting in a shed stitching the TVR labels into the steering wheel or something in Blackpool.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I don't blame them. Can you imagine running a manufacturing plant here with all the legislation, corp taxes, HR, H&S, unions and dumb arsed employees?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    I don't blame them. Can you imagine running a manufacturing plant here with all the legislation, corp taxes, HR, H&S, unions and dumb arsed employees?
                    I don't blame the new owners either. TVR were also very "man labour" heavy. If their competitors were doing it, it was inevitable they would have to follow suit.

They need to repair their bad reliability myth and improve their customer relations while they're at it.

I feel sorry for some of the chaps their that will lose their jobs. It was very much a "man and boy" business with sons following their fathers. Not sure "dumb arsed" should be applied to them though!

If you wanted someone to build your car you would chose these chaps rather than some baseball cap wearing, KFC chomping, knuckle-dragging grease monkey that couldn't give a sh1t...
                    Last edited by hyperD; 18 October 2006, 15:40.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X