• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going to the Gym is a Waste of Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to the Gym is a Waste of Time

Link

Great news!

I no longer feel so guilty about not having even lifted a finger since before Christmas.

Actually like with the Trust Me I'm A Doctor program yesterday where they found different people need to eat different diets to avoid insulin spikes, there are other studies that show that different people lose different amounts of weight doing different exercises and some people lose SFA.

In other words going to the gym may not be a waste of time for you or me but it will be for someone else.

Personally I know doing exercise isn't a waste of time for me.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That's bulltulip. If you do enough exercise you *WILL* burn more calories. That that progression isn't necessarily linear doesn't change the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        That's bulltulip. If you do enough exercise you *WILL* burn more calories. That that progression isn't necessarily linear doesn't change the fact.
        With the body, nothing is as simple as it should seem

Perhaps your body gets more efficient. Perhaps you get hungrier and cannot sustain such a low-calorie intake.

Being fit is probably more important than your weight though so still worthwhile.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          With the body, nothing is as simple as it should seem

Remember, you are responding to someone who religiously believes everything is black or white, that there cannot be a grey area!

For me, balance is important. A balanced diet, balanced amount of natural exercise and that helps promote good health. If you are taking supplements then you or your lifestyle are not in balance.

Everything in moderation. Excessive exercise and it's not good for you. Excessive eating and it's not good for you.

Want to lose weight? Eat/drink less and exercise more. Simple.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I don't know if it's a waste of time, but it takes too much time for me. I prefer some simple press-ups and yoga in the morning and free weights in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
              I'd suggest that we ask MF if he agrees with that.

Comment

Working...
              X