• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carlsberg don't do IT contracts....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlsberg don't do IT contracts....

..but if they did, they would probably be the best IT contracts in the world.

Currently working 6 months from home (1 day in the office each week), team are all ladies in their 20's and 30's who do nothing but plan nights out.

£400/day.

Anyone got a better contract at the moment?

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    (1 day in the office each week), team are all ladies in their 20's and 30's who do nothing but plan nights out.
    I take it you go to the office on Friday to flash your pink-Merk SLK in front of the ladies in a vain hope to get free overnight accomodation?

Last month I was on similar terms as you. This month I am working on SKA - priceless.

Comment

And all because the Ruskie loves Milky Bars

Comment

..but if they did, they would probably be the best IT contracts in the world.

Currently working 6 months from home (1 day in the office each week), team are all ladies in their 20's and 30's who do nothing but plan nights out.

£400/day.

In a word, no.

Same rate, but 5 days a week at the client office (big bank = they want to see me).

Still, there is a good smattering of the fairer s3x. Which is nice.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

no where near...

3 days in the office..team of guys...less than you're getting

but they are nice lads ... take me for drinks and have meals with me.. and i treat the whole thing like a little holiday!
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Hmmm for me it's 5 days in the City, 90 minutes travel each way. Rate is good but work is tulipe. I work with a Dragon B1tch Wh*re who just happens to be my PM on her leave from Hell and the rest of the team are boring gits, all blokes except for a couple of hotties around the office who I never talk to anyway so what's the point.

There's never been a more apt phrase for me than "only doing it for the money", like many a prostitute.

Comment

Fly to Madrid Sunday for a week to install a system, all expenses paid

The week after fly to the UK for a coulpe of days for meetings and a conference, all expenses paid

After that I'm off to Poughkeepsie to IBM for a residency (to write a redbook) for 2 weeks, all expenses paid

Then back to the UK for a week to install another system, all expenses paid

Not too bad methinks
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
                Fly to Madrid Sunday for a week to install a system, all expenses paid

The week after fly to the UK for a coulpe of days for meetings and a conference, all expenses paid

After that I'm off to Poughkeepsie to IBM for a residency (to write a redbook) for 2 weeks, all expenses paid

Then back to the UK for a week to install another system, all expenses paid

Not too bad methinks
                Ah yes, but have you got a small chopper? IR35 Avoider has and I understand that DimPrawn is getting one too.
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I did a weeks work in Grand Turk early September, client has been in touch and possibly wants me out there again early next year! Billable for over £3k plus expenses, not bad for a weeks work and almost completely non-technical
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Well, my office comes on wheels ! 4 to be precise !

It's a mid-sized blue van, stuffed full of USB leads, second-hand PSU's, Kettle Leads, a couple of new HP printers, a Dell Optiplex GX520 PC, and various boxes of important, salvaged components saved for "just in case" that I have subsequently forgotten about.

The passenger side is where the really good stuff is.

3 weeks copies of the Daily Mail. 12 empty triangular sandwich boxes (Tesco's Finest Chicken Salad) with the occasional bit of lettuce or chicken scrap still left in the box. 14 empty Tropicana Smooth plastic bottles. 9 Cadbury's Praline wrappers, 3 standard size Snickers (Marathon) wrappers, and a pile of baby wipes (I carry a box of 100 around so I can wipe my hands before and after lunch).

Somewhere in all that lot is my 250GB Hard Drive, plus assorted notes.

I don't think there's any more room for actual people, though I don't miss the company because I talk to myself anyway, or to Boris, the Resident Spider.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X