• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suityou01 Checking in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suityou01 Checking in

Just checking in so I don't lose my CUK badge.

Update : Project in Horwich, Bolton is going ok. Really annoying the lazy, feckless permies by being completely on my game in the daily standups, and tracking the progress of all my requests, risks, issues, questions, dependencies etc. Shaming them into action.

Car is going ok, but keeps popping out of 5th gear on the motorway. I've replaced the rear engine mounting, but it's still doing it under load so suspect the gearbox is at fault. 116K miles, so a good chance it's naffed. Little project for after the contract ends to source a new one and pop it in.

Family all well, and the current project to build a logo turtle from a raspberry pi is coming along nicely. I found a project to automate minecraft from a programming language called scratch, and getting the kids to plan and structure loops and if statements to lay blocks is working. Next step is to write an extension module for scratch to interface to the logo turtle (called Geoff btw).

Other IT projects coming along. Since the hack of my online banking back in December I now have a VPN tunnel into my home lan, and a Linux based intrusion detection system. My Friday nights now include real ale, Led Zeppelin and reading through my IDS logs.

Also I have designed my new plan B, and have "Suity's very large diagram" as it is known, basically a chuffing great class diagram in Enterprise architect. I've forward engineered all the classes into .Net, have an SVN repository and a continuous automated integration using Buildbot, all working well.

So that's my January, what have I missed here on CUK?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

So that's my January, what have I missed here on CUK?
    welcome back suity.

not a lot. MF nearly bought an imaginary house. AtW has put an offer in on his council flat.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

And in other unexpected news the denizens of general have been accused of being Noob unfriendly.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        And in other unexpected news the denizens of general have been accused of being Noob unfriendly.
        This thread will in itself proof we are also unfriendly to posters who have been around since 2009
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          No, it's still here -

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            welcome back suity.

not a lot. MF nearly bought an imaginary house. AtW has put an offer in on his council flat.
            Pretty standard then. No significant bannings, some sort of thunderclap incident around 25th November and DP still calling everyone a cretin.

It's quite drowsy and comfortable in this bear pit at the moment. Is General the new TPD?
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              welcome back suity.

Don't humour him. I purposely ignored his thread hoping it would fook off again! Now you've done the Beetlejuice thing he'll be hanging around like a bad smell popping up giving crap advice or airing his laundry all over the place.

Sigh.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Don't humour him. I purposely ignored his thread hoping it would fook off again! Now you've done the Beetlejuice thing he'll be hanging around like a bad smell popping up giving crap advice or airing his laundry all over the place.
                Beetlejuice had some uses...

Comment

Tea and biccies is the new anarchy.

Comment

If you like Led Zeppelin, give the female tribute band Lez Zeppelin a try. They're on spotify, and they're awesome.
                    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Working...
                    X