• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google predictive search oddness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google predictive search oddness

This one is doing the rounds on Facebook atm. and does actually seem to have some basis in fact.

With predictive search turned on I, and others, get the following results.

Is it just a freak of Googles search functionality? Is it related to your own search history? Has someone been playing with search results?

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I get the same, nothing for tories or conservatives
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Just tried Andy Murray Is

Surprised he supports Arsenal and sells drugs
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I get the same, nothing for tories or conservatives
        What was their tax settlement again?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Not new:

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-...seo-13097.html
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            So basically what thats saying is that, given sufficient resources, it's possible to game the Google predictive search results into appending a specific word or phrase to a search term. Now since it doesn't happen to the conservatives what does that say about who might be behind it?

It's from 2011 though so I'd have thought something like that would have been fixed by now.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              So basically what thats saying is that, given sufficient resources, it's possible to game the Google predictive search results into appending a specific word or phrase to a search term. Now since it doesn't happen to the conservatives what does that say about who might be behind it?

It's from 2011 though so I'd have thought something like that would have been fixed by now.
              What I think it means is that Google follows Dodgy Agent on twitter.

Comment

Try:

conservative are

instead

Comment

Finally the truth

There's more than some truth in the first suggestion. England sells the weapons, England invades other countries illegally to start war, England exports terrorists.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    There's more than some truth in the first suggestion. England sells the weapons, England invades other countries illegally to start war, England exports terrorists.

I get :

scotland is a part of uk
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X