• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ah but is it Art?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah but is it Art?

Brit censors endure 10-hour Paint Drying movie epic • The Register

The British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) has determined that Charlie Lyne's 10-hour Paint Drying contains "no material likely to offend or harm", and has accordingly awarded it a "suitable for all" U certificate.

Nicely described by the BBFC as "a film showing paint drying on a wall", Paint Drying is the result of a Kickstarter campaign aimed at highlighting the "prohibitively expensive" cost of presenting cinematic works for classification.

The BBFC charges a £101.50 submission fee and £7.09 per minute of film. However, it is obliged to sit through every single frame of material, so Lyne decided he'd make the censors work for their money.

He originally planned to raise £109 for a symbolic one-minute submission of paint drying, but ultimately attracted pledges of £5,936, financing an extended 607-minute submission to the BBFC.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Wicked sense of humour to make a point ! Imagine the intern that had to sit through 10 hours of the film. Or maybe BBFC outsourced it to India

Comment

Due to working rules they can only do a nine hour day so had to split it over two days

He has a point though, the classification system is strange to say the least
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
      X