• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market is pants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market is pants

I'm on the open market again.
    The rates are pants the roles want the moon and most interesting roles are perm.
    I've got a decent warchest, but the thing that is bothering me is I am sitting through rather boring weather and I'll hopefully be working in the summer.
    Anything to keep the motivation up?

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    Register a few CUK sockies and start posting some tulipy fantasy stories for your amusement, that's what we all do ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Register a few CUK sockies and start posting some tulipy fantasy stories for your amusement, that's what MF does ...
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
        I'm on the open market again.
        The rates are pants the roles want the moon and most interesting roles are perm.
        I've got a decent warchest, but the thing that is bothering me is I am sitting through rather boring weather and I'll hopefully be working in the summer.
        FYI
        Term used here is benched.
        UK: new projects start in April, staffing may not start until March.
        I normally head off to the sun, do phone interview from the beach, only fly back when I have an offer.

HTH
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Register a few CUK sockies and start posting some tulipy fantasy stories for your amusement, that's what we all do ...
          + 1
          Ted Cruz 27.65%

Donald Trump 24.31%

May be time for a Ted Cruz sockie to appear

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            FYI

I normally head off to the sun, do phone interview from the beach, only fly back when I have an offer.

HTH
            Pics of you in a bikini or it never happened

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              well lets show yours first

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                You should be so lucky
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

True it is pants, especially when I'm applying for those decently paid gigs. I had like 7 calls over last 3 days for those 350-450pd so i guess i'll find something soon on "lower" rate

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    True it is pants, especially when I'm applying for those decently paid gigs. I had like 7 calls over last 3 days for those 350-450pd so i guess i'll find something soon on "lower" rate
                    Less than 4 digits a day, we'll start a funding page for you
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X