• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£17k a month

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£17k a month

Would you up sticks and fly to Japan every other two weeks for a 6-month gig?

Slightly tempted but can't be bothered.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 2 February 2016, 10:43.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

If business or first class flights are on offer, then yes.

If not, then no.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I'll do it. Please put me forward for this role.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

With expenses that might not be that great deal actually. Probably equivalent to 500pd with a lot of hassle, travel and sitting on airports in your free time

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Slightly tempted buy can't be bothered.
          Nope.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Slightly tempted buy can't be bothered.
            Have a friend who commuted to Hong Kong. Two weeks in HK, two weeks in the UK.

He did this for 12 months and was fairly exhausted after the year. He then relocated along with his family.

So it's entirely do-able over a short period of time.

Why not do it? If you want to do the work, earn the money, then I wouldn't let the distance put you off. If your heart is not in it then don't do it.

Comment

The only thing tempting me is visiting a country I've never been to before. Client has been looking for a year already.

From what I'm hearing 2-weeks on 6-off would swing it...
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                I'll do it. Please put me forward for this role.
                Will do; I just need two references.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Nope, 2 weeks at a time is not long enough.

(I'll be making 3-4 trips to Japan over the next 6 months on a project, each trip being 3 weeks long, client paying full expenses including turning left on the plane. In between trips I will be WFH)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Does it offer 1 day a week WFH

Comment

Working...
                    X