• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Out or In?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out or In?

Julian Assange being arbitrarily held - UN legal panel - BBC News

I think anything that destroys the Ulcerated Sphincters of Arserica must be out in the open with legs spread apart under the South American sun

Its kind of a strange one, he is free to leave at any time.

I thought by now something would have been arranged for him to be interviewed in the Embassy by the Swedes, but then maybe he is not agreeing to that because if he does he loses one of his bargaining chips.

Its kinda tulip for the UK to be stuck in the middle though, but as long as there is an arrest warrant out they must be seen to try and execute it, although again I would have assumed that the police would have been caught looking the other way while he slips out and then he goes into hiding somewhere else.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I thought by now something would have been arranged for him to be interviewed in the Embassy by the Swedes, but then maybe he is not agreeing to that because if he does he loses one of his bargaining chips.

Its kinda tulip for the UK to be stuck in the middle though, but as long as there is an arrest warrant out they must be seen to try and execute it, although again I would have assumed that the police would have been caught looking the other way while he slips out and then he goes into hiding somewhere else.
      And I really hope that he slips out. That would be some proper dung on the face of the most inefficient police force in the world

Comment

Ridiculous. He's free to leave at any time; though he might then be detained in very short order, given that he's failed to answer bail.

Still, the UNWGAD is pretty much irrelevant. It has no legal force, and despite various news outlets referring to it as a "ruling", even its own charter clearly states that it's an "opinion" - hence their use of the term "opinion" to describe it

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

IIRC he repeatedly said he was willing to speak to the Swedes but only in the embassy, while the Swedes argued that he needed to come, or be brought, to Sweden. Then the Swedes changed their mind and said they'd talk to him in the embassy; at which point he suddenly decided that was unacceptable

Comment

RAPIST (suspected).

Comment

It's all the European Union's fault, the sooner we leave the better

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                IIRC he repeatedly said he was willing to speak to the Swedes but only in the embassy, while the Swedes argued that he needed to come, or be brought, to Sweden. Then the Swedes changed their mind and said they'd talk to him in the embassy; at which point he suddenly decided that was unacceptable
                not according to this

Timeline: Julian Assange rape case - The Local
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Ah, it was Ecuador getting all snippy over letting the Swedes in, not Assange.

The fact remains that if he's willing to be interrogated by the Swedish authorities over the matter, all he has to do is leave the embassy and answer to his bail. He's not being detained, he's hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Ah, it was Ecuador getting all snippy over letting the Swedes in, not Assange.

The fact remains that if he's willing to be interrogated by the Swedish authorities over the matter, all he has to do is leave the embassy and answer to his bail. He's not being detained, he's hiding.
                    If he leaves he will be extradited to Sweden. He will then be interrogated by Sweden and regardless of outcome he will be likely to be extradited to the US who don't like him very much.

Now he sounds like a slimey cad who slept with and probably badly used multiple initially willing women in Sweden, he may have assaulted / raped them (I don't actually know for sure) and he should be properly investigated for that.

Strangely the sexual allegations appeared very shortly after the leaks and his fame. If he were really like that there would be a litany of complaints from previous lovers. Of course it could be women wanted to sleep with him now as he was famous but I doubt he had too much trouble finding willing women before.

From the Granuaid :

"Both complainants say they did not report him to the police for prosecution but only to require him to have an STD test. However, his Swedish lawyer has been shown evidence of their text messages which indicate that they were concerned to obtain money by going to a tabloid newspaper and were motivated by other matters including a desire for revenge."
                    10 days in Sweden: the full allegations against Julian Assange | Media | The Guardian

So the complaints look suspect to me.

But what would you do if you were in his place and had just shagged around and strenuously declined to use a condom?

Would you be willing to serve 30 - 100 + years in a US prison for washing the US's dirty secrets in Public because the Swedes accuse you of assault , don't charge you and refuse to interview you for years?

Snowden isn't, Assange would be buried as he is far less of a visible patriot.

Edward Snowden: US has not offered me plea deal | US news | The Guardian
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X