• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pre-theatre food in the W. End

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-theatre food in the W. End

Posted this in general in the vain hope that at least one of you isn't a Walter Mitty type and does have more culture than a muller fruit corner.

I'm going to the theatre in London on a Friday evening in March. I'm looking for a restaurant recommendation for either before (play starts at 7:30) or after (finishes around 9:40). Fill yer boots.... and no McDonalds/KFC etc is not an option....
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Budget?

Relationship? - First , second or third date ? Regular mate? Missus or In Laws?

Preferences - Italian, French, Indian, Chinese?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tell the fat guy that you are from CUK and Wally will get you extra extra large fries free upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Budget?

Relationship? - First , second or third date ? Regular mate? Missus or In Laws?

Preferences - Italian, French, Indian, Chinese?
        No budget in mind, but somewhere decent. It's the Mrs b0redom's birthday and we have a rare night off from the kids.
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Are you staying nearby or do you have to go home that night?

The only reason I'm asking is that getting out of the theatre on a Friday night is hell and the streets will be congested.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Enjoyed this place in the past

Sarastro Restaurant - Drury Lane London

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Are you staying nearby or do you have to go home that night?

The only reason I'm asking is that getting out of the theatre on a Friday night is hell and the streets will be congested.
              Makes no odds tbh. I'll shell out for a hotel if it's going to make it way more relaxed. We so very rarely get a night off from the kids. I'm also considering a Saturday matinee followed by a meal in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                Enjoyed this place in the past

Sarastro Restaurant - Drury Lane London
                Looks good. One to consider.

Comment

If you are going to do it might as well do it properly.

Hotel will make it so much more special especially if home is a bit of a journey.

Send her off with a few quid to get something nice to wear.

We quite like Chinatown as its just fun to shop & eat there. Prices vary from £10 stuffet - buffet to £50 a head spend.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Ivy is the traditional pre/post show venue.

Comment

Working...
                    X