• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grammar Nazis more likely to get laid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grammar Nazis more likely to get laid

Could Bad Grammar Mean a Lonely Valentine’s Day for Dating Hopefuls? - Grammarly Blog | Grammarly Blog

We discovered that in matters of love, language matters! A man with just two spelling errors in his online profile was 14% less likely to get a response. That could be because women find it necessary to be more particular about who they choose to connect with. Women on OKCupid receive nearly 17 times as many messages as men do. On the other hand, a woman’s chances didn’t seem to be affected by her writing, even though women made nearly twice as many grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors per 100 words.
    there you go if you want a spell in bed learn to!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    There you go. If you want a spell in bed learn to!

FTFY
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      FTFY
      - Well done, you will be getting some.

Comment

Good advise, and I except this may be true, but its there loss.

Comment

More proof the MS is a sex kitten
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Good advise, and I except this may be true, but its there loss.
            Yuk yuk yuk!

It's true though; I tended to avoid people that sounded thick or used text speak when I was in the dating pool.

Comment

Spelling and grammar are not the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I suspect that the study also shows that pedantry is an anti-aphrodisiac...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The research covered both however the example was about spelling.

Comment

Oh good. Glad my lack of success had nowt to do with saying I'm a Satanist and will only reply to females with huge bottoms.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X