• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm Inga from ... Sveden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Inga from ... Sveden

Swede finds 86-year-old condom at grandma's - The Local

not quite what you expected on Antiques Roadshow. Mmm smooth like silk

A man in Sweden took a set of strange silk objects he found under his grandmother’s bed to a TV antiques show, only to discover they were 86-year-old condoms.

Sex in Sweden: condoms optional - study (14 May 13)
    “They were found under grandma’s bed in the 80s,” the man from Malmö said as he brought the objects to the Swedish antiques show 'Antikrundan', according to Expressen newspaper. “Grandad bought them. He died in 1939, so these are from the 1930s.”

The condoms, made of tightly woven silk, hardly seem like reliable prophylactics, although, according to the show's antiques expert Joakim Bengtsson, they were an advance on sheep’s intestines.

As to their value, Bengtsson seemed a little stumped.

“I don’t think we have valued condoms in Antikrundan previously, he said. “They’re just perfect these things, so there must be some value in them.”
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Working...
X