• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bird strike woes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird strike woes

I have been struck several times by birds. Especially in the divorce courts.

But yesterday a plane landing at Banjul airport was hit by a bird. Alas it was the one I was due to get on. Thomas Cook declined to send a plane to pick us up and have sent the spare part. Which arrives tonight. So plane will not leave before tomorrow.

So I am paying to go to Manchester instead. Which is probably as remote as Banjul.

Next time I go abroad I am going with MF. First class only to exotic destinations. The planes never go wrong.

Please feel free to have a good laugh at my expense. It's what general was created for.

well at least you will get a decent curry!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This broke my heart recently. Incoming flight to GRX hit an Imperial Eagle on final. There is a sanctuary near the airport.

Bastard delayed me getting to LCY by 4 hours as engineer had to drive from AGP. No lounge at GRX, had to pay for my drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Next time I go abroad I am going with MF.
        Then you will just end up with him in his bed.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          This broke my heart recently. Incoming flight to GRX hit an Imperial Eagle on final. There is a sanctuary near the airport.

Bastard delayed me getting to LCY by 4 hours as engineer had to drive from AGP. No lounge at GRX, had to pay for my drinks.

Whats the flights from Lorca to LCY like? We are near there but always end up going to San Javier to come back to Leeds.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Very cheap £48 if you use my secret trick posted here before. GRX & LCY are possibly the two quickest airports in Europe to clear security/immigration in Europe.

DLR/Tube to Kings X then fast train to Leeds. Alternatively you can take the LHR-LBA for around £38, but that means crossing London and the Heathrow Express.

You are flying on an Embraer 190 which has to be whisper quiet to land at LCY, it's a Cityflyer BA franchise with excellent cheerful crew based in EDI or ABZ who serve three bottles of gin for your G&T at a time by default. Got to love the Scots.

Comment

Very cheap £48 if you use my secret trick posted here before. GRX & LCY are possibly the two quickest airports in Europe to clear security/immigration in Europe.
              Post it again!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Post it again!
                You have a PM.

Comment

I forgot to add, if you can think of any one who needs breast augmentation you can earn enough avios to do the trip 3 times with BUPA Spain (Sanitas).

Aumento Mamario Bilateral (anatómica) 30.800

Gana Avios con Sanitas

As I get 2x avios for FF status I have told my girlfriend her next holiday depends on it.

Comment

Doesn't look like an Imperial Eagle. See photo below. Colouration is like a Kestrel.

Comment

Working...
                    X