• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Housebuilder concerned home owners too wealthy to buy his crap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Housebuilder concerned home owners too wealthy to buy his crap

Taylor Wimpey CEO worried about rapid rise in house prices | Money | The Guardian

Another UK "executive" housing estate nears completion...

Comment

I was listening to some guy who worked in housing talk about house prices the other day. Apparently local and but particularly central government have deliberately put blocks in the way to ensure that house builders don't use up all the current land they hold. If they did then house prices would stay static for the next 10+ years.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I was listening to some guy who worked in housing talk about house prices the other day. Apparently local and but particularly central government have deliberately put blocks in the way to ensure that house builders don't use up all the current land they hold. If they did then house prices would stay static for the next 10+ years.
        It's the dirty little secret - there's be a suppression on the number of homes built to keep the supply/demand level at the right balance to maintain the bubble, while looking like they're building. They can build a certain amount but sustaining the demand can be balanced off against population growth/immigration.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          It's the dirty little secret - there's be a suppression on the number of homes built to keep the supply/demand level at the right balance to maintain the bubble, while looking like they're building. They can build a certain amount but sustaining the demand can be balanced off against population growth/immigration.
          When the massive skill drain of our children occurs I wonder who is expected to prop up the pension and healthcare bills of the ageing home-owning population?

Comment

"If that continues for two, three, four years..."

Stable door. Horse. Bolted.

Comment

Boomers [emoji36]
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                When the massive skill drain of our children occurs I wonder who is expected to prop up the pension and healthcare bills of the ageing home-owning population?
                You really think that a government who won't be blamed for something that happens ten years down the line gives a toss about the future over looking good now and getting in next time?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Don't tell me that house prices are about to start falling...

Comment

"Housebuilding boss Pete Redfern, about to head up Labour housing review"

That's nice...

s the lot of 'em

Comment

Working...
                    X